SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION is a range of twelve lacquered glasses with an opaque and coloured appearance, attained by depositing and baking highly resistant lacquer onto the rear surface of the glass.
It marries a splash of colour with the unique reflectivity and functionality of glass and can be used in a myriad of interior applications.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be used extensively in internal applications such as:
- Shopping centres or retail stores
- Bars, restaurants, clubs, theatres or cinemas
- Public buildings, museums or clinics and hospitals
- Sports centres, leisure facilities and dance studios.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be used:
- As cladding or panelling on walls, doors or pillars
- In furniture
- In wardrobe or cupboard doors
- For signage.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be cut, edgeworked and drilled like ordinary mirrored glass. When cutting the glass, place the sheet with the lacquered face down on a clean cutting table to avoid damaging the lacquer.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be customised by cold-painting decorative patterns or logos onto the glass surface. It can also be sandblastedInstallation & Fixing
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be fixed:
- mechanically, either into glazing channels or trims, or with appropriate fixing screws.
- adhesively, using neutral translucent adhesives, or double-sided white adhesive pads. If in doubt of the compatibility of the adhesive, it is essential to test its reaction with the lacquer (and safety film backing if appropriate).We strongly recommend also using mechanical restraints, such as top and bottom j-channels, in conjunction with any adhesive glazing. SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION must not be fitted directly in front of nor behind a strong source of heat, e.g. a cooker hob.
For further information on fixing, download the SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION brochure.
Standards & Regulations
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION conforms to all the relevant standards in the various forms supplied by Glassolutions Solaglas. In particular, it complies with the strictest regulations* relating to the control of emissions of Formaldehyde and other Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).